FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD+R DL Duplication

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Szynal
DVD+R DL Duplication
on Jan 10, 2012 at 5:01:32 am

Hi there,

I am shooting an event for a client and need to burn to DVD+R DL because of the length of the event. I've read about book type and setting custom layer breaks, but my question is about duplicating.

If I author and burn a DVD+R DL in Encore CS5 and bring it over to a DVD duplicator machine, will my layer break and book-type settings carry over from the master disk? Or is there a special method for duplicating Dual layer DVDs. Also, On my duplicator all the drives have the DVD DL logo. Does this mean the duplicator can duplicate DL's?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
Re: DVD+R DL Duplication
on Jan 10, 2012 at 4:01:22 pm

Yes, the master is what will define the book type, layer breaks, etc. Most default copy modes on duplicators simply copy the data exactly as is. There are some exceptions to this, but it typically holds true. Before you make a large number, you may want to make one and then test it to be sure it is an identical match to your original. We duplicate a lot of +R DL content and have never had any problems so long as the master is good.

Make sure you use +R DL and not -R DL. There is a big difference.

It sounds like your drives should be fine, but double check the model number online with the specs just to be sure if you are worried.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]