FORUMS: list search recent posts

Assistance Needed - Creating Multi DVD Project

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Denise
Assistance Needed - Creating Multi DVD Project
on Dec 30, 2011 at 1:30:00 am

Hi, I have a 55.6 GB MPEG2 file that I imported into DVD Architect Pro 5.0, created the menu and scene selection and now I need to burn the whole project to 8-10 DVDs... It will take a few hours for DVD Arch. to render and prep the DVD and I assume i will be presented with an error saying that the destination media is too small and I don't want to waste my time doing that. Does anyone have any ideas? The video is a single MPEG2 about 16:30:00;00 - its a corporate training video, yes its very long.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Assistance Needed - Creating Multi DVD Project
on Dec 30, 2011 at 2:51:39 am

Your ONLY option is to split your piece up into sections of about 3.5 each. From there you can encode to MPEG 2 and fit it on a DL disc. DVD authoring programs arent design to split up a long MPEG encode like you have....you need to do that before encoding

Return to posts index

Michael Denise
on Dec 30, 2011 at 3:37:33 am

ok, I knew that was an option but I was just seeing if there were any tricks out there, its not a common thing but it was just easier for me to render in one shot but ill just make a render que and go from there. Thanks

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Dec 30, 2011 at 4:59:59 am

There are MPEG Editors out there but I think youre better off starting from square 1.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Jan 4, 2012 at 12:34:09 am

You can fit up to about 8 hours on a DVD if you go for low bitrate MPEG-1 encoding. But the picture quality will be only barely good enough for simple video material, such as a lecturer speaking in front of a black background. You will need to encode in several chunks, as you cannot have a file longer than about 2-1/2 hours.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]