FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fast DVD Authoring from live video with multiple languages

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Boyd
Fast DVD Authoring from live video with multiple languages
on Dec 21, 2011 at 8:53:28 am

This is a new problem that a long term client has dropped in my lap.

I need to Author a DVD from a live video feed. Along with standard program Audio (English) + I have 4 language translations.
These language translations are done live for the benefit of those in the room who are need of translation and to spread them to the various areas around the venue they are embedded onto a line of HDSDI along with the video.

What I need to do is ingest this video and audio live and I have to have a master created 45 minutes after the final word is spoken. With the video and translations on the DVD.

Previously we just used a Blackmagic SDI to Analogue convertor and reordered on to a DVD and used MPEG Stream Clip to Rip the M2Vs and ac3s to the hard drive and drop them into a pre prepared encore project and send for authoring. That works for one stereo send of audio not 5 sends.

Is there a mpeg and ac3 encoder that I could use or do you have another way to skin this same cat.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Fast DVD Authoring from live video with multiple languages
on Dec 21, 2011 at 7:35:13 pm

I have an old Sonic encoder system, not used in a long long time. If you mapped the 5 channels of audio to a 5 channel surround on capture, then you rip it to the five discreet audio and then recode it to give you the 5 tracks for authoring, that would be faster ripping a DVD. You maybe able to capture as PCM also but I don't know if the incoming would be converted to a stereo.

Are you in the US? If you want to figure out if this would be a solution contact me off forum at onthecow (at) michaelangelodv (dot) com.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]