FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD STUDIO PRO autorun fonction for Mac and PC

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jean mathis
DVD STUDIO PRO autorun fonction for Mac and PC
on Nov 30, 2011 at 2:47:43 am

Hello everybody,
I need to author a DVD in DVDSP and I have been asked to have it "autorun" as soon as you insert the dvd in a computer drive (PC or MAC). So this query has nothing to do with "autoplay" which can be achieved very easily in DVDSP and will work only with DVD players. I have the feeling this needs to be achieved outside of DVDSP by adding some code file in the VIDEO_TS folder called "Autorun.inf" but this pretty vague for the moment so some clarifications would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Jean

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: DVD STUDIO PRO autorun fonction for Mac and PC
on Nov 30, 2011 at 3:04:16 am

Autoplay is the same as autorun. The problem is the computer own can have it turned off. There is no way to bypass this.

Return to posts index

Andreas Gumm
on Nov 30, 2011 at 3:38:13 am

Yes,
in Windows 7 it's turned off by default!

Andreas Gumm
selfemployed media author

Return to posts index

jean mathis
on Nov 30, 2011 at 3:42:03 am

Thanks for your fast answer Michael but I still doubt that its as simple as this because I read the following topic at: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Whats-the-difference-betwe...

"In all versions of Windows from XP to Windows 7, Autorun is executed before Autoplay, unless Autorun is disabled. If it’s not disabled, Autorun will execute and it will search for the Autorun.inf file. In Windows XP, if the Autorun.inf file is found, Autorun can go ahead and bypass Autoplay altogether and launch an application without asking the user first. In Windows Vista and Windows 7, Autorun cannot skip past Autoplay. If there is an Autorun.inf file, it will still be read, but instead of the application being launched automatically, a dialog box will pop up with a list of choices, some of which could be from the Autorun.inf file."

Moreover when I mean "autorun", I don't mean "autoplay" some tracks of the DVD automatically when its inserted but just actually open the first menu. As far as I know the "autoplay" fonction in DVDSP can only applied to a track via the inspector menu in DVDSP so I am not sure how I can get the menu to "open" automatically. I think my message was not totally clear before sorry for this.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Nov 30, 2011 at 4:19:35 am

There is no autoplay in DVDSP. Perhaps you're thinking of First Play?

But like Micheal said, you're dependent on the OS. You cant autorun your DVD Player. You can however autoplay it, but this is OS dependent

Return to posts index

jean mathis
on Nov 30, 2011 at 4:57:09 am

Ok I guess this is it. Thanks to all. ; )
Jean

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Nov 30, 2011 at 11:05:35 am

Jean, when I encode my DVD's with BitVice, then mix the ac3 & m2v in Studio Pro and burn in Toast they all start playing automatically in any player, without me specifying anything. Thats on a Mac, may be different on a PC but I doubt it.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Nov 30, 2011 at 5:06:39 pm

Bitwise has nothing to do with anything in this conversation., neither does Toast.

And they only play automatically because that is the way a computer is set up. In a Mac or PC a user can set a DVD or CD to do NOTHING. While most people on a Mac don't change the default, you can if you want to and then the dvd will just sit there. On newer PCs the default is normally to ask what to do, which gives you the choice to always do that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]