FORUMS: list search recent posts

Good DVD burning software for Mac OSX

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reid Alt
Good DVD burning software for Mac OSX
on Nov 26, 2011 at 6:57:37 pm

*Repost from Apple OS X board*

I'm a relatively new Mac user, and I switched for video editing purposes. I am looking for powerful DVD authoring software. Something akin to Sony's DVD Architect. I need to be able to assign chapters, custom create menus, background media, the whole nine yards. I've searched and searched, but only seem to find hobbyist software. Need something a little better than that.

I was told on the Apple OS X board to look into DVD Studio Pro, but I would really love something that is still being supported and updated.

Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Good DVD burning software for Mac OSX
on Nov 26, 2011 at 7:08:37 pm

DVD is a locked format, nothing will ever be updated or changed.

DVDSP is by far the best full featured authoring app on the Mac. It only comes in Final Cut Studio, you can still get version 3/2009 from Apple. All the software is EOL as far as development is concerned.

The other full featured authoring program is Encore, which comes with Premiere Pro. Some people love it some people don't but you can author with it. It also does entry level BluRay authoring.

They pretty much it for authoring on a Mac.

BTW - all menus should be created outside of the authoring app it you want professional results.

Return to posts index

joao neto
on Nov 30, 2011 at 2:18:35 pm

Michael
in your opinion what is the best author software for use with Mac OSX?
I have used DVDSP but I realy need a software with less bugs.

Best regards

Joao Inacio

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Nov 30, 2011 at 5:16:26 pm

What bugs. DVDSP is one of the most solid authoring tools out there. There as no full spec apps on a mac but most people are not willing to learn them anyway. While DVDSP method has some draw back with navigation speeds you can do 99% of what is normally required by 99% of the people using it. For most there is no need for anything else. Most people are limited by their knowledge and not by the app.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]