Need to extract compressed file from a Blu-Ray to re-author it

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Tranquille
Need to extract compressed file from a Blu-Ray to re-author it
on Nov 25, 2011 at 9:43:09 pm

Hi there!

Here's my problem:
I have a client asking me to re-author a blu-ray disc, but he doesn't have any sources. All he's got is the checkdisc of the previous authoring (AACS encrypted) and the new audio track that needs to be added.

I would like to rip the movie and the audio from the checkdisc without loosing quality. (The movie file was originally compressed at avg.25mbps and the audio file is in 5.1 DTS-HD)

If I could just rip these file and bring them directly into my authoring program (Scenarist BD), I'd really prefer that than making a new QT file and then recompress it in Cinevision (I'm afraid i'd loose quality).

I've tried a couple of blu-ray ripper, but none of them was able to rip the audio to dts-hd (wich is my main problem).

Anyone has a solution?

Thanks

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Need to extract compressed file from a Blu-Ray to re-author it
on Nov 26, 2011 at 3:19:03 am

You'll get better answers if you go to http://www.videohelp.com or the doom9 forum.

But this is truly a job for BD re-author. It takes your bdmv file and converts the to a working Scenarist project. From there you would do the reauthorong you need. Used it often for the exact same purpose. Even took problem Encore projects and fixed them on Scenarist

Return to posts index

Brad Wright
on Dec 2, 2011 at 5:06:08 pm

Scenarist might be your best option for DTS-HD. I wrote called BlueX. BlueX wraps the H.264 video from a Blu-ray DVD into a Quicktime movie without recompressing. BlueX only supports AC3 blu-rays at the moment. I would love to get a sample of your Blu-ray disk and add support for this audio format. Shoot me a message on the cow if you are interested.

Brad Wright is software engineer, so it may be difficult to understand what he is saying. He is always happy to explain his greater detail.

Return to posts index

Charles Tranquille
on Jan 16, 2012 at 6:45:03 pm

Thank you all,

I found out 2 solutions:

There is a program called BD Re-author Pro that generates a complete Scenarist BD Solution but I haven't tried it yet since it costs 3000$.

For my DTS-HD assets though, BD Demuxer Pro (From DVD Logic also) does it well. I just had to review my setup.

So thanks again guys!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]