FORUMS: list search recent posts

SOS! Trying to burn m2v file with aiff audio w/ Toast 11.. program reads file (kind of) but won't burn!

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Susan Elder
SOS! Trying to burn m2v file with aiff audio w/ Toast 11.. program reads file (kind of) but won't burn!
on Nov 20, 2011 at 7:06:29 am

HELP!!

I am having a heck of a time trying to burn a video DVD. I have an old version of Final Cut and and old version of Compressor, and was finally able to export a decent quality video that will fit on a DVD (around 4GB). I do not have FC Studio, or DVD Studio Pro, so i've been trying to burn with iDVD, but that didn't read the output file (m2v). So then I downloaded Roxio Toast 11, and can't seem to make it work.

It reads the m2v file when you're trying to make a data DVD, and shows it taking up 4GB of space.

But when you try to make a video DVD project and drag the file in, it shows up and when you double click on it and hit edit, it's all there, the duration of the video is correct, you can preview the video and linked audio and all looks and sounds good. However, where it shows you how much space the file takes up, it only says 904 KB. and when you hit Burn, it says "there is nothing to record. Please add some data and try again".

I tried converting the m2v file with toast as well, to another form of video, and doing this it shows the file size as '-2147483648 bytes' and when you hit 'convert' it gives you an error message of "Error: -206".

What is going on???
I need to burn this video file to give to a friend tomorrow night!
I could re-export it from final cut, but I don't know what settings would give me the same quality/size ratio size ratio and also be a file type that is easily burned.

Any help anyone could give would be much appreciated, I'm so stuck and frustrated!!

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: SOS! Trying to burn m2v file with aiff audio w/ Toast 11.. program reads file (kind of) but won't burn!
on Nov 20, 2011 at 2:35:17 pm

Export self-contained with current settings from FCP. Open the resulting file in Compressor. Apply the appropriate "DVD Best" audio and video settings to fit the length of your video (eg 90 min, 120 min or 150 min). Click on the job to select it (the job is the area where the settings were added, don't click the setting, click the job). In the Job Action tab choose burn DVD from the drop down menu and adjust the (very limited) options as desired. Compressor will burn the DVD when its done encoding.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]