FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD by Sonic question

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lor Porter
DVD by Sonic question
on Nov 18, 2011 at 12:21:01 am

I am trying to return to the menu page I started from after selecting and playing video.

On Menu page 2 I select something... play the video and then want to hit the menu button (on remote) and return to Menu 2. I only can get it to return to Menu 1.

I have selected the "return to menu" box under the options when making my button preferences.

Any help/tricks or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Lori

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: DVD by Sonic question
on Nov 18, 2011 at 12:42:50 am

Each track can have the remote "menu" jump to whatever menu you want. Highlight the video track, then set menu 2 in the inspector under Remote Control: Menu drop down.

Sorry didn't see the Sonic in the title, my answer is for DVDSP.

Return to posts index

Lor Porter
on Nov 18, 2011 at 12:49:42 am

Hi Michael,

I read that in the "help section" and in the manual online. I do not have a "Remote Control" menu option... Do I need to upgrade?

Return to posts index

Lor Porter
on Nov 18, 2011 at 1:04:20 am

Whoops... So sorry, I just figured it out! Thank you so much! I never had the video selected. You guys are just wonderful. Thank you again so much!
- Lori

Return to posts index

Lor Porter
on Nov 18, 2011 at 1:31:00 am

Ok - you're going to kill me. I spoke too soon.

This is what I'm doing. Selecting the title (on the menu page) then clicking on the video - then selecting the menu button - then selecting what menu page I want to be on.

If I select menu 1 for the titles/chapters on Menu 1 - it makes menu 1 the choice for Menu 2. It will not let me select a different choice for the two menu pages.

I know I'm missing something... but can't figure it out. I have deselected the end action (return to menu) box. What am I missing here?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Nov 18, 2011 at 2:07:26 am

Sorry, I'm updated my reply (probably after you read it) I didn't notice you were talking about a Sonic app. I don't use that so I cannot be of much help.

[Lor Porter] "If I select menu 1 for the titles/chapters on Menu 1 - it makes menu 1 the choice for Menu 2. It will not let me select a different choice for the two menu pages.
"

That makes no sense to me.

But if you want to jump to a certain menu using a remote from one menu to another menu that is not what menu on the remote is for. If you want to go to a different menu from a video that can be done, I just don't know how to do it with your app.

Return to posts index

Lor Porter
on Nov 18, 2011 at 1:19:04 pm

Thank you Michael,

Yea - I didn't see your app. comment. I just got so excited at the possibility of a resolution I immediately went to try it.

I do just want the video that's playing -when the menu button (on the remote) is hit - for the viewer to go back to the menu page from witch the selection was chosen. (if I'm playing something I selected from Menu 2 - when I hit menu again I want to back to menu 2.). I tried the DVD remote thing. But it will not let me select something different for each selection. It applies one to all selections. I know there is something small I'm missing here. I just don't know what it is - and I've been reading all the stuff on how to do it - but I just am not getting it. Of course my "boss" is demanding this project to be done. uggg... it's all the same... they want it yesterday!

Thank You for all your help though. I do appreciate it!

Return to posts index

Lor Porter
on Nov 18, 2011 at 3:12:00 pm

should I get DVDSP? Instead?

This is all just driving me bonkers...

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Nov 18, 2011 at 4:56:56 pm

You cannot just buy DVDSP, you have to buy Final Cut Studio, which is $1000 and it only runs on a Mac. Is this a lower end version of the Sonic? I believer there are different levels. What type of system are you using, Mac or PC?

Return to posts index

Lor Porter
on Nov 18, 2011 at 5:24:46 pm

My sonic is version 6.1 - and it came with my Media Composer... I don't think it's "old." I upgraded to media composer last year.

For some reason I just lost all my work (in sonic) - today just keeps getting better...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]