FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Architect Studio: Unwanted transition delay

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gil Jones
DVD Architect Studio: Unwanted transition delay
on Nov 16, 2011 at 7:43:40 pm

I'm trying out DVD Architect Studio 5.0 trial version for creating a DVD menu. I wanted to add a sound effect when I select a button on the main screen so it looked like my only option was to create a media file as the button destination and then have the media end action goto the media I want to play after the transition. Everything seemed to work fine except that I have about a 1 second transition media and it doesn't transition until exactly 5.0 seconds. I've tried it with just audio only and audio+video for the transition media. I'm seeing the delay when I "Preview" the DVD menu. You can watch the loop counter at the bottom right count up to 5.0 then it transitions immediately. If there's a way to fix this I'd much appreciate the tip.

Thanks,
Gil Jones

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: DVD Architect Studio: Unwanted transition delay
on Nov 16, 2011 at 9:38:56 pm

No....DVD doesn't work like Flash. No way to get around the delay since it's a mechanical process for the laser to refocus to another portion of the disc

Return to posts index

Gil Jones
on Nov 16, 2011 at 9:50:41 pm

Well I'm still in Preview mode inside DVD Architect so there's no lasers involved. There is no delay starting the transition media so I don't get having the delay after the media. Maybe transitions have a 5 second minimum requirement in this program. It looks like the delay is built into the software because like I said you can watch the loop timer count upto exactly 5.0 seconds and then performs the transition.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Nov 17, 2011 at 12:09:41 am

Preview mode is not the real world. DVD was not meant to have button sounds. What your doing will often be ackward since it must go through a set of abstraction layer code plus the laser must mechanically refocus to another portion of the disc

Return to posts index

Gil Jones
on Nov 17, 2011 at 12:30:23 am

Well I'm glad someone is responding but I can't tell if you actually use this software or just are making general statements. If a real DVD ends up with a delay then fine...but is this software really trying to emulate DVD delays...I don't think so. So forget about lasers and buttons not supposed to have sounds....can someone who uses this software try to create a transition video that's under 5 seconds? I would ask on the Sony forum but they don't seem to allow questions unless I buy it first.

Return to posts index

Gil Jones
on Nov 17, 2011 at 4:04:29 am

I did a test and confirmed that a 5 second transition has zero delay...it launched the target media immediately after the transition media. So this is definitely a limitation in the software or a setting I don't know about.

Return to posts index

Gil Jones
on Nov 17, 2011 at 4:10:33 am

Sweet...1 I figured out how to solve the problem. When a clip is imported it looks like DVD Architect defaults the timeline to 5 seconds even if the clip is shorter. So double-click the media file in the explorer menu on the left and then at the bottom where the Timeline is displayed there is a Yellow marker on the right end that is sitting at 5.0 seconds...so just drag it left to the actual transition time you desire.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Nov 17, 2011 at 7:07:20 am

Sorry..... We were definitely on separate pages. Glad you figured it out

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]