FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-Ray encoding and authoring ser-up

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly Campbell
Blu-Ray encoding and authoring ser-up
on Nov 2, 2011 at 7:37:03 pm

All,

I'm looking for some suggestions regarding the best software to use to encode Blu-Ray compliant files and author discs. Currently I have at my disposal, FCP 7, Premier/Encore CS4 and Netblender Do Studio. My main issue right now is the transcode time of the media into a compliant file, currently its taking me about 16 hours to turn around 1 hours worth of media. My employer has asked me to investigate what we need to purchase to get this time down and stream line the work flow a bit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kelly

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Blu-Ray encoding and authoring ser-up
on Nov 2, 2011 at 9:28:41 pm

What's your budget? I'd go with Cinevision if you can afford it. Netblenders site has list of compliant encoders....I'd start there. Be careful with DoStudio these days.....Sony bought them up

Return to posts index

Kelly Campbell
on Nov 3, 2011 at 12:57:03 am

Hey thanks for the reply, I had been told that my budget was around $10,000.00. Also I was aware that Netblender had been bought by Sony, I talk to them the other day regarding there encoding solution, they stated that for now things would be status quo.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Nov 3, 2011 at 1:43:53 am

HOw many titles do you plan on doing a month? Its a tough call since it will be very soon that you will have no support.

Maybe move over to Scenarist?

Return to posts index

Kelly Campbell
on Nov 3, 2011 at 3:18:09 pm

I'd say one to two titles per month, the majority of them are pretty simple menu designs, however there are usually a couple that end up having fairly intensive menu's with bonus features etc.

I had thought of moving to Scenarist however I was unsure of its cost.

Thanks,

Kelly

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Nov 3, 2011 at 4:46:01 pm

I think you might be able to pick up the encoder and Scenarist for about 20K

Return to posts index

Brad Wright
on Nov 3, 2011 at 2:31:18 pm

Avoid encoding H.264 with Toast. I have used Compressor which is very good, but it takes a really long time. I haven't tried using a hardware encoder, such as the Matrox Max products, but I've heard good things about those. The bulk of your time will be spent encoding the H.264, so make that as quick as possible.

Brad Wright is software engineer, so often hard to figure out what he is talking about. He is always happy to explain answers further.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]