FORUMS: list search recent posts

Authoring Blu-Ray with Compressor and can't skip chapters with Blu-Ray player

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Doyle
Authoring Blu-Ray with Compressor and can't skip chapters with Blu-Ray player
on Oct 11, 2011 at 3:16:00 pm

My project is 1080p 25p, edited in FCpro7 on a Mac Pro.

I have both Toast 10 and Compressor. I want to burn Blu-Ray, so I tried both, and like Compressor better because you can import the names of the your chapter markers and actually set where you want your chapters to begin.

So, I burned a Blu-Ray using Compressor. Quality is great. Pity about not being able to use music on the menu. The chapters are all named fine in the chapter menus. However, when I play the Blu-Ray in my Panasonic Blu-Ray player, I can't skip Chapters with my remote control. That "option is not allowed".

Apparently, the solution is to set Chapter Markers within Compressor. So I have went back to my Final Cut project and deleted all chapter markers and am currently exporting my file with just Compression Markers. I'll then set the Chapter Markers within Compressor and hope that when I author the Blu-Ray disc that I'm able to skip chapters using my remote control. After all, the chapters ARE there - they're even named.

Anyone have any experience with this? It's going to be a few hours before I can find out if this method works... Thanks in advance...

Return to posts index

Richard Doyle
Re: Authoring Blu-Ray with Compressor and can't skip chapters with Blu-Ray player
on Oct 12, 2011 at 4:46:19 pm

Okay, that didn't work... Any ideas? Basically my chapters are named on the menu screen but I can't skip chapters with my remote control...

Return to posts index

Bruce Edmond
Re: Authoring Blu-Ray with Compressor and can't skip chapters with Blu-Ray player
on Feb 13, 2013 at 10:50:32 am

I am having exactly the same problem!!!

Did you ever get it resolved?

Here's my problem from another forum:

"I have copied a non-copyright protected blu-ray (my wedding) using a Samsung Blu-ray external drive (SE-506AB External USB 2.0 Slimline 6x Blue-ray Writer) and Nero 11 Platinum software.

It copies fine and plays on the computer fine but when I play it in both my Panasonic blu-ray players (SC-BT230EB-K and BDT110) for some reason it doesn't skip to chapters.

The chapters are there on the chapters menu and you can go straight to any specific chapter, but when you play it and you press skip to go to the next chapter it just says the feature isn't present or words to that effect.

Somebody suggested it was the disks I was using (TDK I think) so I bought Panasonic BD-R's (LM-BRS2MWE10 25GB Write-Once Blu-Ray Disc) and am having the same problem.

I updated the firmware of the Panasonic players and my updates are up to date in Nero.

I have contacted Panasonic and Nero but I'm not expecting much help from them.

Can anyone help me with this? "

I tried last night the copies on an LG blu-ray player and the chapters skipped fine so it has to be a Panasonic issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]