FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Recorder WITHOUT Menu

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Browning
DVD Recorder WITHOUT Menu
on Oct 10, 2011 at 8:03:49 pm

Spent hours searching the interwebs and the COW for this one. No solid leads. (apologies if this is not the applicable forum).

I am looking for a DVD recorder that records a DVD without the canned menus, or at least has an option to autoplay the first title and bypass the menu when the disc is inserted.

To clarify, here's my context: I produce live video for a church, and we record the service directly to DVD, which is then duplicated en masse for immediate distribution. No edits, no authoring. The big problem with the DVD's we're giving now is that they have these ugly blue menus with a time stamp (and it's often the incorrect time anyway) - I don't want these menus showing up.

Before you reply saying, 'Just throw it into DVD Studio Pro or Encore' - just know there is no time to do this in most cases. For our DVDs, we are making the recordings available immediately following the service, not hours after.

Please let me know the specific model number if you are aware of such a recorder. Thanks so much for your time!

Mike Browning

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: DVD Recorder WITHOUT Menu
on Oct 10, 2011 at 11:33:19 pm

Panasonic DMR-ES10.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Oct 11, 2011 at 10:04:40 am

I've used the Panasonic DMR-ES10 to create "play on insert" DVDs as well.

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
on Oct 11, 2011 at 2:32:04 pm

Pioneer PRV-9000. I don't think they make them anymore, but it's a great unit if you can find one used in decent condition.

Return to posts index

Mike Browning
on Oct 11, 2011 at 5:52:33 pm

Thanks a ton. I love simply answers :)

You're right about the Pioneer PRV-9000 - not even a used one available. Reckon I'm going with the Panasonic. You'd think this would be a standard option in all DVD recorders.

Mike Browning

Return to posts index

Bill Simonett
on Nov 7, 2012 at 4:51:08 pm

I've been using my old Panasonic E55 which puts the menu at the back of the show. Anything new out there with no Menus? Thanks Bill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]