FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Architect 5.2 Pro burns suddenly will not play in DVD players

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Crye
DVD Architect 5.2 Pro burns suddenly will not play in DVD players
on Sep 17, 2011 at 5:24:37 pm

Hi;

My apologies to all for (sort of) double posting. I had hijacked a similar thread from June in the Sony Vegas forums, but I just now realized that the problem best belongs in this forum. The hijacked thread is here

Ok, here is the horrible, baffling problem. Been working on it for three days.

I have been using DVD Arch Pro 5.2 for about a year, no problems burning DVDs to either of my burners. One is the Optiarc AD-7200S drive that came with my Dell T3400, the other is a 6 month old LG BHLS30.

Without doing anything different for a new project, (a quick 30 sec vid created with Vegas 10e 64bit ), I grabbed a Memorex DVD+R from the same 50-disc spindle I have been using for the past month. Created the project, burned the disc in the Optiarc. Tested playback with VLC, Windows Media Player and MPlayer Classic. Took it into the living room; would not load in the Samsung Blu-ray player... WTF?!? The Samsung just whirred and chugged for 30 sec, then spit it out with a "can't load" message. Tested in the bedroom on the cheap Magnavox, same problem. I'm using the same 50-count spindles from the last couple of months, HP and Memorex, DVD+R.

Came back to computer, burned again, this time with the LG drive. Same failures.

Could some bizarre software problem be the cause? A Win 7 update came through on Tuesday, last successful burns were prior to that.

Baffled ... worried ... continued to struggle

---- two days later ----

No solution yet, but have new information that might lead someone to help me figure it out.

The problem is definitely software and/or config, confined to DVD Architect Pro 5.2 only, because I can burn OK directly from Sony Vegas Pro 64-bit 10e. Discs burned from Vegas play OK in all DVD players.

DVDA 5.2 projects that I saved last month or previously all still burn OK and produce discs that play OK in my Samsung or Magnavox players. The problem only affects new projects. I have carefully compared all project settings and they are identical between the new projects that fail and the old projects that are fine.

I'm now testing DVDA with the simplest possible project - just a menu, no actual content. Burn speed has no effect on the problem.

I tried a full uninstall of DVDA 5.2 build 124, did a CCleaner to get rid of all previous reg settings. Also uninstalled all new software (not much) I had placed on this Win7 pro computer since the last successful projects a month ago, including the Xvid and Camstudio lossless codecs. I then installed the latest build of DVDA 5.2, build 132.

gSpot shows nothing odd about the discs that fail - MPEG2 codec, NTSC 29.97 fps, etc. The discs that fail play fine in any of the half-dozen computers I've put them in. They only fail in DVD players attached to TVs.

On a different computer, I used Roxio to duplicate one of the problem discs. The duplicate disc has the same problem.

I'm really ripping my hair out at this point. I have a stack of HP and Memorex coasters that is growing ever larger ...

Please help ...

Steve

Return to posts index

Stephen Crye
Re: DVD Architect 5.2 Pro burns suddenly will not play in DVD players
on Sep 17, 2011 at 6:51:39 pm

SOLVED!!

I'm happy but disgusted.

The details are in this thread : DVD Architect Pro 5.2 error when preparing Blu-ray

It is interesting that the problem had nothing to do with burn speed , or disc brand ... it was 100% a software conflict with a stupid Windows update and DVDA 5.2 .

Very Frightening and Disturbing!

Steve

Win7 Pro X64 on Dell T3400 MultiTB SATA 8 GB RAM Vegas 10e x64 DVDA 5.2

Return to posts index

Stephen Crye
Re: DVD Architect 5.2 Pro burns suddenly will not play in DVD players
on Sep 17, 2011 at 6:52:27 pm

SOLVED!!

I'm happy but disgusted.

The details are in this thread : DVD Architect Pro 5.2 error when preparing Blu-ray

It is interesting that the problem had nothing to do with burn speed , or disc brand ... it was 100% a software conflict with a stupid Windows update and DVDA 5.2 .

Very Frightening and Disturbing!

Steve

Win7 Pro X64 on Dell T3400 MultiTB SATA 8 GB RAM Vegas 10e x64 DVDA 5.2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]