FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fcp avchd discs works, Toast hd-dvd does not?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Arvidsson
on Sep 5, 2011 at 7:43:36 am

Disc not recorgnice on standalone blu-ray player

Hi my Blu-ray player (samsung bd-p1500) donĀ“t recorgnice the hd dvds I'm outputting from Toast.
But the Blu-ray player have no problem to recorgnice and play discs exported from fcp7 using the share feature avchd disks.

If we start with looking at what is working we can se that the final cuts "avchd disc" fits everything into the BDMV folder while Toast also adds a certificate folder at disc root. Toast does this on every possible choices of
outputting hd to a dvd. I tried both to choose the "high defenition dvd-video" and with both MPEG-4 AVC, and MPEG2 option. The "blu-ray video" and choose dvd as destination with both MPEG-4 AVC, and MPEG2 option but everything gives me the same filestructure. So Im thinking the filesctructure might be the problem since the Final cut discs without the certificate folder works.

Is toast outputting avchd disc or what else? seams like the "AVC" MPEG-4 AVC could stand for avchd...

I have read that the samsung bd-p1500 lost there avchd support in the 2.0 update and suppose to get it back in firmware version 3. Since Samsung messed up ways of naming the firmware its very hard to actually se
what is youre current firmware version on the blu-ray player. I have downloaded the version 3 of the Samsung's firmware, but since the final cut discs works Im afraid it that might stop working with the new firmware uptade. So it would be good to know if Toast is outputting a avchd disk or not since the avchd discs from final cut works.

One intresting thing is that the samsung will not play the hd dvd from the presets in compressor (version 3.5.3)

Im using Toast titanium 11 pro.

Thanks
Joel

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]