FORUMS: list search recent posts

North American SD DVD's in England (Europe)

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Enrico Lappano
North American SD DVD's in England (Europe)
on Sep 2, 2011 at 5:13:34 pm

I would like to independently distribute our educational documentary DVD in England, to be viewed from PC's and class projectors. It was edited in NTSC SD and produced in Canada. I am hoping it does not need to be converted to PAL, and would appreciate your feedback on this question very much.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: North American SD DVD's in England (Europe)
on Sep 2, 2011 at 5:42:02 pm

All computers can playback either. Most DVD players in the outside North American can play NTSC. The only real issue is PAL in NA.

Just send the NTSC disc but make sure all the region codes are selected. Most programs default to this.

Return to posts index

Enrico Lappano
on Sep 2, 2011 at 6:28:33 pm

Thanks Michael. That's great news. When you say to make sure all the region codes are selected, where is that done?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Sep 2, 2011 at 6:30:21 pm

Depends on your program. But you in the help for region codes.

Return to posts index

Enrico Lappano
on Sep 2, 2011 at 7:12:30 pm

The DVD was professionally authored in North America. In the info for the disc it says that the format is Universal Disk Format (UDF). Would this play in the UK and across Europe on computers and DVD players?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Sep 3, 2011 at 1:29:14 am

That has nothing to do with it UDF is the format of the disc. Region codes are set when authoring. Not sure what is available to read what the disc has. I have a piece of software DVDAfter Edit that can and even allows you to make changes but that is a fairly expenses program.

Return to posts index

Enrico Lappano
on Sep 3, 2011 at 3:00:02 am

Thanks for replying Michael. When I play the DVD on my Mac DVD Player, it says region 1 naturally, but there is no other info covering other regions numbers in the world.

If there's no way to access info from the disc, I'll be hoping then that the authoring company might somehow still have it on file.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Sep 3, 2011 at 9:57:50 am

Enrico, to make absolutely certain why not send a DVD to someone in the UK for them to test it in various players etc. I think however that the modern kit is improving in this respect and what you have already been advised should pertain.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]