FORUMS: list search recent posts

Authoring MP3 DVDs with Loop Playback option

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anila Mathews
Authoring MP3 DVDs with Loop Playback option
on Sep 1, 2011 at 10:52:21 am

Okay, so this is what I want to do...

I have a mp3 file of size 40MB. I want to burn it onto a DVD (4.5 GB size) with "loop playback" functionality. That is, I want this 40MB mp3 file to repeat itself once it completes playing until I eject the DVD from my DVD Player.

I know you would say, "why not use the Repeat button on the DVD Player?". I am writing this DVD for one of my blind friend and hence, I would really appreciate it if this MP3 can play over and over as soon as I insert the DVD without having to press any 'Repeat' key in the DVD Player's remote control.

One way I can think of is.. copy and merge this 40MB size MP3 till it grows to a 4.5 GB size MP3 and then burn it in the DVD. But the again, it will not loop playback. I mean it will not start over once after playing the 4.5GB sized MP3.

I currently own Nero 7 and I do not seem to have any options to do this loop playback. Are there any other tools that can help me do this? I would not mind buying it no matter how much ever it costs. Thanks!

PS: I tried ConvertXToDVD software. Unfortunately, it only burns video files on to a DVD with a loop playback option. It does not help in burning MP3 files onto the DVD.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Authoring MP3 DVDs with Loop Playback option
on Sep 1, 2011 at 4:43:09 pm

DVD does not support mp3 files, ac3 is the compressed format for DVD audio. If you place something like mp3 your DVD program with make it uncompressed audio.

You can never have just audio there always needs to be an image. If put your audio on a menu and then use a still and loop the menu, it will work. There is no reason to fill the disc since all you are doing is looping the same audio. There is a 1 GB limit to a menu but you will not go over that. You can also do the loop on the video title but you have to add the still as a video with the same length as the audio. Just set the video track as the first play and loop the track.

Any DVD authoring app will do this. I don't know what is available on a PC.

Return to posts index

Nathan ANderson
on Oct 20, 2011 at 6:32:27 pm

The question I have is the 1GB limit -- my DVD Studio Pro 4 was giving me issues in creating an SD DVD. I figured it out, but the Format quit on me because one of my menus (the menu with the Feature Length Movie + Audio) exceeded 1GB.

Can I reduce the file size of the movie (using Compressor) to less than 1GB and not lose the quality of the movie footage?

Right now the movie is 3.56GB in M-PEG 2 120 Minute Best Quality

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Oct 20, 2011 at 6:43:09 pm

the 1 GB limit is DVD spec there is no getting around that.

But you can use buttons over video and use a video track for your "menu." If you do remember to disable FF and RW. If you don't and a user uses those buttons the overlay gets turned off. You don't have those available my default on a menu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]