FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Architect - Getting around 'Too Many Titles'

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Dorey
DVD Architect - Getting around 'Too Many Titles'
on Aug 18, 2011 at 1:46:26 pm

Hello all,

I've been following CreativeCOW for years, but have never found myself needing to post, as ninety-nine times out of a hundred the answer I'm looking for is already here, and on that one occasion it's not, my usual Google-Fu leads me to the general direction I need to be.

However, this time I am a little stumped.

Bear with me while I outline the details:

I've been asked to create an 'Interactive' DVD, which is no more complicated than three 'choices' at the end of a video clip - two are incorrect (where a short video explains why) before taking you to the choice menu again, and the third option is the 'correct one' - which simply continues until the next choice menu, etc etc.

Now the content itself is very long - around six hours - and I've been asked to squeeze it all onto one DVD, regardless of quality. So naturally I'm using DVD9 instead of DVD5 so I can cram nearly 8.5Gb of video on there. Anyway, that is not the issue.

The issue is that - rather stupidly, I've broken up the project into small files which link between each other - nearly 200 files, to be precise. Naturally I am not allowed to have 200 unique titles on a DVD - which I am sure I knew at one point but stupidly forgot, thinking "I'll never need that many titles!" - hah... so I am now here upon bended knee - DVD Architect keeps trying to tell me that I can use Audio/Video playlists - but I must be honest, I haven't a clue how they work! I can go back and re-render, but I am not sure how to play specific segments of a video clip while using chapter markers - the last thing I want is people to be able to 'cheat' on this DVD, as it is instructional, rather than for gaming.

Please, oh great and wonderful creative folk upon this forum, who lead fulfilled lives and are handsome, what should I do?

Your humble servant in this lifetime and the next,

Justin.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: DVD Architect - Getting around 'Too Many Titles'
on Aug 18, 2011 at 9:02:26 pm

Those who live by DVD must learn to worship the number 99. By DVD Spec, you can have a limit of 99 Title Sets, 99 Titles, 99 Chapters, etc. You need to figure how to author your project so it fits within DVD Spec.

It's almost impossible to advise you how to refine a project with hundreds of clips without looking at the authoring.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]