FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-Ray Burn Issue with Toast 8

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elizabeth Czyzewski
Blu-Ray Burn Issue with Toast 8
on Aug 15, 2011 at 6:47:46 pm

I'm trying to burn a data-DVD (backup of my Avid project) onto a Maxell BD-R using Toast 8 Titanium. Our Blu-Ray recordable drive is manufactured by MCE Technologies and is hooked up via eSATA. Toast recognizes the drive, but on the first attempt, it progressed to the burn stage then when it was only 15% or so into the burn, came up with a "this disc is not burning correctly" pop-up (I don't remember exactly what it said, but Toast gave us a big red X over the disc graphic). When we mounted that disc, everything appeared to be there, but when we tried to copy anything to the desk top or open the bins in Avid from the disc, they did not work. On our second burn attempt, Toast never even got to the burn-stage. It just froze on the writing prep stage and we force quit. This happened on our subsequent attempt as well.

It does not appear that we need a driver, as the manufacturer's website indicates that Mac OS do not need drivers. We've successfully ripped Blu-Rays using this drive, so I don't think the drive is defective. I can't find any threads about this compatibility issue. Any suggestions?

Mac OS X
Processor: 2 x 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory: 8GB 1066 MHz DDR3

Toast 8 Titanium
Version 8.0

MCE Technologies 12x Blu-Ray Recordable Drive
Enclosed in AMS Venus DS5 enclosure DS-2512SUESBK
Connected via eSATA

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: Blu-Ray Burn Issue with Toast 8
on Aug 15, 2011 at 9:05:09 pm

Try the latest Toast 11 Pro, encodes and burns BD's for me OK.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]