FORUMS: list search recent posts

Folder w/images and MPEG Video on SAME DVD?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Woll
Folder w/images and MPEG Video on SAME DVD?
on Aug 8, 2011 at 5:00:32 pm

Is it possible to have the content you normally place on a DVD using compressor and converting the files to MPEG-2 and .ac3, but also make it into a DATA DVD and have a folder with images as well?

Return to posts index

Andreas Gumm
Re: Folder w/images and MPEG Video on SAME DVD?
on Aug 8, 2011 at 6:14:25 pm

I don't know how it works with Apple related authoring software!
In Scenarist & Spruce Maestro is a way to create a DATA folder on disc parallel to the AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folder!
If you don't need to apply CSS protection you can use any CD/DVD image software to create a new folder on your DVD image with any DATA content!

Andreas Gumm
selfemployed media author

Return to posts index

Josh Woll
on Aug 8, 2011 at 6:27:44 pm

Thanks for the info Andreas! I'll give that a shot. Working in DVD Studio Pro, I noticed a "DVD-ROM" feature where I can select a folder and include data as well. I'm researching this information for a friend of mine, but it doesn't hurt to know it myself for any projects down the road.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Aug 8, 2011 at 6:33:44 pm

A quick look into the menu or help file will give you the answer, you are looking for DVD-ROM.

One thing that is not well defined in the help is that your files need to be in a double folder structure. Name the outer folder whatever you what, then inside that you make an folder normally called EXTRAS or DVD_ROM (but it can be whatever you want), Put all your files in this folder. Then within DVDSP you point the DVD-ROM to your outer folder. When you burn the bisc within DVDSP your inner folder and files will be included on the disc.

Return to posts index

Josh Woll
on Aug 8, 2011 at 6:46:21 pm

Awesome, I thought I was heading in the right direction. Thanks Michael, you are right, they don't mention anything about creating two folders. Much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Richard Kuenneke
on Aug 29, 2011 at 1:35:11 am

Michael: I cannot get this solution to work. I've created a folder and inserted a second folder inside it. I then placed that folder on my desktop. I then checked the DVD ROM box and pointed to the outer folder in one test and the inner folder on a second run-through and neither build resulted in an "extras" folder on the DVD.

Your help would be appreciated.

Rich

Return to posts index

Richard Kuenneke
on Aug 29, 2011 at 2:14:26 am

Nevermind. I found a workable solution on the Apple forums. The DVD with an extras folder must be built and burned directly through DVD SP. The file won't show up if you simulate or build - you must burn it directly.

I ran into a problem because I rarely build and burn together. I usually create the "build" folder and then use Toast to burn.

Rich

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]