FORUMS: list search recent posts

Two subtitle boxes overlapping eachother?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda Duff
Two subtitle boxes overlapping eachother?
on Aug 3, 2011 at 10:08:54 am

Hi,
when I subtitle in DVDA 5.0, if one person talks over the other or very close to the other in time, I can only (a) put two text boxes that come on and go off at exactly same time and have exactly same colour, or (b) do the first person, then turn them off quite quickly to put the next person on.
I use different colours to show different speakers and I can't do it if they speak closely together because that would mean one text box flashing 'off' too quickly for the person to read.

Is there any way to have text boxes overlap so that both will come up idependently of eachother?

If I put in another subtitle track then I think the user can only choose one track, not both at the same time, correct?

I set up my dvd's to default to subtitle track 1 so that subtitles come on automatically, but I can't choose track 1AND2 can I?
thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Two subtitle boxes overlapping eachother?
on Aug 4, 2011 at 10:42:26 am

Can't do two simultaneously but the generally accepted method is one large box with second speaker italicized.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Amanda Duff
Re: Two subtitle boxes overlapping eachother?
on Aug 4, 2011 at 1:50:00 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I can't seem to make part of a text box italicised. I can only choose the box and then italics are doown the bottom near centering and colour etc so the WHOLE box goes italicsed. Even if I copy the box and put another one that comes up at exactly the same time (i.e. not overlapping but I can do top and bottom of the screen BUT all formatting mus stay the same for both boxes. I can't do anyhting different.

Can you do a large box and have part italicised?
thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]