FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to get mpeg4 into DVD Architect 5.0?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda Duff
how to get mpeg4 into DVD Architect 5.0?
on Jul 25, 2011 at 8:56:31 am

Hi,
What is the best way to get an mpeg4 video into DVD Architect 5.0? It doesn't read the mpeg4 file (invalid file) and when I try to render in sonyvegas to mpeg2, the sizing gets thrown out to a small box and I don't know how to fix it.

If you had an mpeg4 file and you wanted it put into DVDA5.0 purely so that you could add subtitles then burn (no editing whatsoever), what would be the best procedure? Using windows and pal. thank you.
Thank you

Return to posts index

Andreas Gumm
Re: how to get mpeg4 into DVD Architect 5.0?
on Jul 25, 2011 at 10:57:56 am

Open the files in Quicktime for Windows & save these with new file names.
Now try to import the created files in Sony Architect!

If this won't work try other tools to remux the MP4 files or just create lossless AVI files with Virtualdub with ffmpeg import plugin.
(can suggest you encoding with HFYU, because the codec is readable by PERIAN on mac too)

I hope it helps!

Andreas

Andreas Gumm
selfemployed media author

Return to posts index

Amanda Duff
Re: how to get mpeg4 into DVD Architect 5.0?
on Jul 31, 2011 at 10:23:02 am

Thank you.
I'm still stuck.

I opened in Quicktime and tried to 'save as' and apparently I have the 'cheapie' version and I can't 'save as'. I know my employer will not buy new software.

I don't really understand about demuxing or what a lossless avi file is but if it's just a matter of ticking certain boxes within virtualdub then program then I can do that.

Do you have the time to tell me in layman's terms what to do with it in virtualdub?

I've got onto the people that I bought the mp4 from and they said that no-one else has this problem so it must be a Sony thing or it must be me! .....maybe true but you would think they would help me...
frustrating.

Anyway, if you could help me to get this program back into the correct size I would really appreciate it. It's for a classroom situation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]