FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which software can replace or swap assets easily?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Watts
Which software can replace or swap assets easily?
on Jul 15, 2011 at 8:19:15 pm

We moved from Sony DVD Architect to Apple DVD Studio pro, and I miss a function we once used - easily replacing media.

I'd like to stick with DVDSP, but we could use DVDA projects over and over which was very nice.

If I were to jump ship on DVDSP what authoring packages should I look at? (Mqc based)

Thanks

Larry

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Which software can replace or swap assets easily?
on Jul 15, 2011 at 8:32:53 pm

Not much else out there- Encore. Not sure what you mean though- you can use templating and swap out assets fairly easily in DVDSP.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Larry Watts
on Jul 15, 2011 at 9:09:09 pm

Well, that is good to know.

I've scoured the help section, the software, and Lynda.com to see how to turn an authored DVD into a template and came up with zero.

I'm not getting it yet!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 17, 2011 at 12:41:00 am

Save As: would be one place to start. Assets can be swapped out of existing DVDSP projects if you want a similar structure. And the manual goes over how to make your own themes/dropzones/templates, etc.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Larry Applegate
on Jul 19, 2011 at 2:51:11 am

You can do a lot with DVDAfterEdit, but it requires learning a bit about the DVD commands. It is designed to work well with DVD Studio Pro and provides the ability to copy and paste commands between projects, replace tracks, etc.

Here is an overview of some of its capabilities:

http://www.dvdafteredit.com/node/1489

Regards,

Larry

Regards,

Larry Applegate
http://blustreak.dvdafteredit.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]