FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating Random Play with Stories or Chapters

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amy Edmonson
Creating Random Play with Stories or Chapters
on Jun 28, 2011 at 8:30:17 pm

I am working in DVD Studio Pro 4.0. My project has one track with 54 chapter markers and 54 stories. I need to have a "Play All Randomly" option that either plays the chapter markers randomly or the stories randomly. So far I've gotten neither method to work in the script I've created. The "Shuffle" button on my main menu targets the script, but nothing happens. The screen just goes black. I think creating a 2nd batch of stories would solve the problem, but I run into the 99 stories/tracks limit. The first batch of stores is already being accessed by other Play All options. Below is how I've set up my script. I've only set 4 Jump to commands as I want to make sure it works before creating all 54. Can someone tell me what steps I am missing or doing wrong? Is this random play even possible?

1. ran GPRM 1,54
2. Jump Track::1 Story 1 if (GPRM 1 = 1)
3. Jump Track::1 Story 2 if (GPRM 1 = 2)
4. Jump Track::1 Story 3 if (GPRM 1 = 3)
5. Jump Track::1 Story 4 if (GPRM 1 = 4)

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Creating Random Play with Stories or Chapters
on Jun 28, 2011 at 9:09:17 pm

1. Ran GPRM 1,4

You need to take out the "54" for testing purposes.

Return to posts index

Amy Edmonson
on Jun 29, 2011 at 9:40:51 pm

Well, now I'm using the following script model:
1 ran GPRM 0, 65535
2 mod GPRM 0, 53
3 add GPRM 0, 49408
4 Jump indirect GPRM

It randomizes the chapters beautifully . . . in the simulator. As soon as I build the disc the shuffle only plays the first chapter over and over again. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Jun 30, 2011 at 12:31:25 pm

Not following your logic. Where's the 49409 coming from? I prefer to do this longhand but thats just me.

Return to posts index

Amy Edmonson
on Jun 30, 2011 at 3:52:29 pm

49408 is the value of track 2, which I need to play randomly. What does the "long hand" set-up look like when targeting chapters markers within the same track? Or does it? I haven't had success with that method, but could be missing a step.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]