FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issues Playing DVD Studio Pro Authored DVD on Windows media Player in Vista & XP

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kirsty Galliard
Issues Playing DVD Studio Pro Authored DVD on Windows media Player in Vista & XP
on Jun 15, 2011 at 2:34:00 pm

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me, I authored an SD DVD in DVD Studio Pro which plays fine in a DVD player or on a Mac and in Windows 7 however when I try play it on a machine with XP or Vista it says it contains a codec that is unreadable. I've had similar issues playind discs authored in DVD SP on PC's. Is there anyway I can get around this. Its no use telling the client to get in DVD or PowerDVD as they need IT to install it across the group etc etc...

thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Issues Playing DVD Studio Pro Authored DVD on Windows media Player in Vista & XP
on Jun 16, 2011 at 3:10:23 am

Shouldn't be an 'unreadable codec' as DVDs only have one codec so if something calls itself a DVD player it should be able to read a DVD. That said- god knows on the Windows side. So easy to get a bad config that trys to launch the wrong app for a DVD disc.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]