FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot skip chapters in video when going through chapter page.

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin Anderson
Cannot skip chapters in video when going through chapter page.
on Jun 15, 2011 at 8:26:53 am

Hi,

I'm experiencing this new problem with Blu-ray disk authoring and I'm hoping that someone on here will recognize what I'm talking about. I'm saying new problem because it only started to manifest itself since I replaced my LG BD570 Blu-ray player with a Panasonic DMP-BDT110. I did not have this problem with the LG nor do I have this problem playing the BD disk on my computer(which has a BD-Rom) or previewing the disk in DVD Architect. It seems that the Panasonic behaves differently than the others.

Here's the problem in question:

I've made a Blue-ray disk with DVD Architect Pro 5.2. It contains an AVCHD video that I rendered on Sony Vegas with chapter markers. I made a menu tree with a main page and a chapter page with chapter buttons. I've configured each chapter buttons to link to the appropriate chapter marker on the timeline of the video.

When I start the video using the play button on the main page, the video plays and I can skip, back and forth, through the chapters using the skip buttons on my remote. However, if I start the video from a chapter on the chapter page, any chapter, the video will play on from that selected chapter, however from that point on, I can no longer skip chapters. I have to stop the video, start it from the main page again and then I can skip once more.

In a nutshell: - Play video via main page = I can skip chapters in the video.
- Play video via the chapter page = can't skip chapters in video.

Again, this was not occurring with the LG player. I've double checked that I have everything relevant set to "on" in the remote control properties in DVDA.

I found this thread describing what seems to be the same problem but I don't understand what the hell they're talking about in there:
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/929726

Is the issue with the Panasonic player itself or is there a way I can change the way I authored the disk to make it more compatible?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]