FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cropping when burning SD movie onto DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zohur Miah
Cropping when burning SD movie onto DVD
on May 24, 2011 at 11:19:52 pm

Hi,
Bare with me as im typing on my mobile and don't have the exact info with me. But basically iv captured some SD footage using my Sony 1000e cam.
I imported it to FCP as SD footage. I didn't fiddle with any resolutions or anything like that. I edited the raw files that came from the cam.
I save the file as "current settings" which is the normal 4:3 SD resolution.
When burning with toast titanium my video gets cropped. So when watching on my TV my watermark which is usually top left gets chopped off slightly.

I will repost tomorrow with tge actual rendered resolution.
But any ideas why this is and how to prevent this from the info given?

Regard
Zed

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
Re: Cropping when burning SD movie onto DVD
on May 25, 2011 at 12:27:01 am

My first guess is that your watermark may be out of the 'safe area' for TV display. If you think that this may be the issue, here's a short video about it.

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Zohur Miah
on May 25, 2011 at 7:58:36 am

Thank you mate. I didn't even know about safe areas.
Second thing is my problem is not just TV based. If I pop the completed DVD back onto my pc. And view it on vlc, quick time etc the video is cropped.
So it's actually getting cropped whilst encoding for DVD when the source file is SD size anyway

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on May 25, 2011 at 12:35:09 pm

Is the file saved out of FCP with 'current settings' cropped? Or does it appear to be happening within Toast?

At any rate, I'm not familiar with any crop settings in either program that occur automatically. You usually have to crop manually.

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Zohur Miah
on May 27, 2011 at 10:27:48 pm

The video exported out using current settings is fine (although it was edited as anamorphic 16:9, but exports as 4:3).
It's a problem whilst burning I reckon. So when I pop the burnt DVD back on to my pc Its cropped.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]