FORUMS: list search recent posts

Create DVD playable 4 client in Windows Media Player

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Waryga
Create DVD playable 4 client in Windows Media Player
on May 20, 2011 at 5:49:02 pm

Hello,
I have been pushing this deadline further and further due to client changes but they still want it now! lol. They don't seem to understand rendering and authoring takes a long time even for a simple change. Anyways, done complaining.

I have been trying to no avail to burn a DVD that will be playable in DVD players and a computer as well. The product I have now plays in a DVD player just fine and on the computer it plays in my VLC player. However the I can not instruct the client to install VLC to view it on their computer, if need be. Point is I need to make the DVD dummy proof and have it playable in windows media player. I have searched this forum and others and have not found the info I need. I am new to DVD authoring as I usually just worked as the graphics guy. Software choices I have available to me are Sonic MyDVD and Roxio 2010 MyDVD. I would like to accomplish this task using my current software but if it is necessary could acquire other program.

Thanks so much to the community for always coming through in a pinch!

~Matt

matt@CueProInc.com
http://www.cueproinc.com

Return to posts index

Matt Stoddart
Re: Create DVD playable 4 client in Windows Media Player
on May 22, 2011 at 10:14:48 pm

The computer will only play a DVD with the default software which it has been asigned to play M2V or Mpeg files.
On a PC, right click on the DVD and chose to "Open with Windows Media Player", Mac I don't know what the procedure is.
I personally wouldn't recommend Windows Media Player as a default player, I would tend to stick to dedicated DVD player software, the likes of WinDVD, PowerDVD etc, these are the "more" foolproof of software players, (VLC is good, but slightly techy for clients I have found).

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Create DVD playable 4 client in Windows Media Player
on May 25, 2011 at 6:06:08 pm

There is no such thing as "Idiot/dummy" proof. People can get around anythings you put in their way in order to stop their stupidity.

This is not a DVD problem but how windows works. VLC and windows media player are version similar in the fact that they are not TRUE DVD software but get around it. VLC does a much better job. This is not knocking WMPlayer, but unless they client has it set up properly they in nothing you can add to your disc.

------

"My software is idiot proof, the fact that you bought it proves that you are an idiot." - Dogbert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]