FORUMS: list search recent posts

multiple dvds + original menus to blu-ray

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryosuke Asuka
multiple dvds + original menus to blu-ray
on May 19, 2011 at 8:50:52 pm

First off, I will apologize in advance if this is not the right forum area- I didn't see a blu-ray authoring forum...

Basically I have several home-made DVDs (i.e. no dvd encryption or copyright issues) with existing menu and chapter structure. I have a ton of these, and I'm interested in consolidating them onto dual layer blu-rays at their original quality. I know I won't get any bump in quality out of moving to blu-ray, my whole purpose is to take advantage of the space on blu-ray to get them all onto a few discs.

The one thing I'm not sure of is if/how I can do this while still keeping the original menus and chapters of each individual dvd. So basically I want a blu-ray that has a main menu with items "disc 1", "disc 2" etc... if I select "disc 2" it takes me to the the already existing menu that is currently on my DVD version of disc 2, and from there I can select which chapter I want to go to.

I'm hoping this is some software out there that will make this a relatively simple task. Thanks

Return to posts index

Larry Applegate
Re: multiple dvds + original menus to blu-ray
on May 20, 2011 at 5:20:00 am

There is no Blu-ray player that will play such a concoction, even if you could make it. The Blu-ray software has no concept of DVD, and vice versa. So when you play a DVD in a Blu-ray player, it only knows about one DVD at a time, on a red-laser disc.

Something like this might work, if you can upload your DVD's to its hard drive:

http://ces.cnet.com/8301-32254_1-20027048-283.html

Or you might just use a software player in a Windows computer hooked to your TV.

Regards,

Larry Applegate
http://blustreak.dvdafteredit.com/

Return to posts index

Ryosuke Asuka
Re: multiple dvds + original menus to blu-ray
on May 20, 2011 at 4:08:39 pm

Hi, thanks for the response. I'm not sure I understand what you mean though... The video itself is not a problem right? Everywhere I've looked I see it's possible to rip a DVD, and put that video on blu-ray (even if it has to be encoded to a new format). It's just the menus and chapter structure I Canfield find any good recent info on. It sounds entirely possible to rip multiple DVDs to one blu-ray and re-create that menu structure manually, I was just hoping for an easier, automated way...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]