FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recording directly to DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Peruso
Recording directly to DVD
on May 19, 2011 at 4:25:26 am

I own a couple JVC HM100 cameras. I work sporting event tournaments and sell game footage. What I currently do is dump footage from cameras to my macbook, burn a master copy of the games, then mass dupe them on a DVD duplicator. This takes quite a while, between ingesting footage, making the menu, and burning the master DVD. What I would like to do is hook the HM100 directly up to a DVD Recorder and record games directly to DVD. It doesn't matter if the menu is crappy, I just need to mass produce these games quickly and with best picture possible. The problem is I don't know of any DVD recorder with an HDMI input, or if they even make such a thing, etc. I know I can go to the recorder using rga cables, but that significantly reduces quality. Does anyone know of the best way to go about this process while keeping the best picture quality possible?? Can I go through rga, and is there a way to upconvert? I feel pretty novice on the whole subject. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Recording directly to DVD
on May 19, 2011 at 2:14:16 pm

Why would they have an HDMI input as all DVDs are standard def and HDMI is HD. You'd feed the regular RCA/S-video output into a DVD recorder. Or get an HDMI to SD downconverter.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

John Peruso
on May 19, 2011 at 4:54:31 pm

thats what I figured. Would down converting hdmi to sd give a better picture, or same exact thing as using the RCA cable?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 20, 2011 at 8:49:56 pm

About the same I'd guess- all you care about is speed in this case so...

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on May 28, 2011 at 9:15:13 pm

These cameras probably have Firewire and there are DVD-Recorders that have FW in. I have one but it is years old, sure there are new models. The cameras will have to be on SD for this to work. It would give better quality over RCA.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]