FORUMS: list search recent posts

Inserting h264 video into a DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly Hunt
Inserting h264 video into a DVD
on Apr 27, 2011 at 11:11:17 pm

Hi there,
This appears to be a curly one. I'll do my best to explain.
i'm using DVD Studio Pro.
I'm creating a DVD that has one Powerpoint sort of presentation using Slideshow and 6 short films of around 30 minutes each.
I can fit 5 of the films on as normal DVD files and they run at around 600mb to a gig.
Because of a lack of room on the disk I want to add the final film (as sort of a bonus track, for lack of a better word) in a compressed H264 format which would open in Quicktime and be playable from the DVD. It's about 130Mb so I'm hoping I can just squeak in under the 4.7g DVD size if I do this.
When i try to import the H264 into DVD studio pro it won't allow it.
Does anyone know if what I'm doing is possible and if so how?
I've seen miniature videos playing on DVD roms so there must be a way of doing it I would have thought???
hope this makes sense.
Many thanks.
Kelly

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Inserting h264 video into a DVD
on Apr 28, 2011 at 3:44:37 am

Not a good way to go- anything not an MPEGs will not play nor import. Bitrate budget is a cornerstone of proper DVD authoring workflow. You have 6 videos- create a common bitrate that will enable all 6 to fit on your disk. A few MBps less on each should do the trick. This will help-

http://www.videohelp.com/calc.htm

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Kelly Hunt
Re: Inserting h264 video into a DVD
on Apr 29, 2011 at 12:08:11 am

Awesome. Thanks Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]