FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD NTSC 24p DVD Archtect

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Márcio Nascimento
DVD NTSC 24p DVD Archtect
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:58:55 pm

Hi all,
Here, in project properties of Sony DVD Archtect, I can't change 29.97 fps to 24 fps Progressive. Is it normal or doesn't exist the DVD NTSC 24 fps?

Maybe my question would be: How to create a 24fps NTSC DVD in DVD Archtect?

Could I render a project in 24p and burn it in 24p or always have to burn in 29.97i?

Thanks!

Márcio Nascimento
- Editor, cinegrafista e fotógrafo -

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: DVD NTSC 24p DVD Archtect
on Apr 13, 2011 at 5:04:07 pm

DVD is either 29.97 or 25fps interlaced. A 24P encode is done as 29.97 interlaced with flags for the 3:2 pulldown.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Márcio Nascimento
on Apr 13, 2011 at 5:22:28 pm

[Bill Stephan] "DVD is either 29.97 or 25fps interlaced. A 24P encode is done as 29.97 interlaced with flags for the 3:2 pulldown."

OK, so if I recorded a wedding with my Sony NX5 using FullHD 24 progressive, then edit in Vegas in FullHD 24 progressive, and render to template DVD Archtect 24p NTSC Widescreen video stream. What fps will be my final video before archtect: 29.97 or 23.976(with pulldown)?

And after I put this video on Archtect to create menu and burn a DVD, will it necessary be converted in 29.97i?

Márcio Nascimento

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Apr 14, 2011 at 5:34:05 pm

I don't use Vegas or DVD Architect, so I can't advise you on specific settings within the software. But any DVD-compliant software encoder (Apple Compressor, for example) will take an HD or NTSC 24P file and encode it to an interlaced NTSC 29.97 file with flags to indicate the pulldown. The DVD player can read the flags, causing it to display 24-frame video if the attached monitor is capable of displaying that format. Otherwise, the DVD player outputs normal NTSC to the display.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Márcio Nascimento
on Apr 14, 2011 at 6:30:20 pm

FINALLY I UNDERSTOOD!

I didn´t know nothing about these flags! Now I understand how the final job will appears in TV like 24p!

Thanks a lot Bill!!

Márcio Nascimento

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Apr 14, 2011 at 8:58:54 pm

he´s talking about 29.98ND (non dropped) - it will be declared as progressive output.

there will be a progressive sequenz-flag in it, so it´ll displayed as progressive instead of interlaced.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]