FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Menu Quality

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacky Mills
DVD Menu Quality
on Apr 8, 2011 at 1:18:04 am

Hello!

I need to make high quality DVD's. I'm using DVD Studio Pro and whenever I create a menu, no matter how high the resolution, it always turns out pixelated. Any idea how I can make a DVD menu that is high quality? Is there a better software for this?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVD Menu Quality
on Apr 8, 2011 at 4:10:09 am

What are you using for your source? Are these video backgrounds or stills? More info please.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

John Hunter
on May 9, 2011 at 4:39:03 pm

Hey, I'm running into the same issue.

I was given a menu created in Photoshop that consists of 11 layers (background + a Normal and Selected layer for each of the 5 buttons). Misc graphics were merged with the Background, and the button layers each rasterized individually. They want it to show up full screen on a 16:9 monitor and letterboxed on a 4x3 monitor. It was created at 1920x1080 at 150 dpi and set to Square Pixels.

No one is happy with the quality. The type is not crisp/clear and shows bad jagged edges.

I can probably provide more info if you ask me, but can't think of what else to say here.

J O H N H U N T E R
Editor/DP
john.hunter@Luckie.com

L U C K I E & C O M P A N Y
600 Luckie Drive
Birmingham, AL 35223
(o) 205.877.9871

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on May 10, 2011 at 8:35:32 am

You have to resize the images in Photoshop, all DVDs are 720x480 non-square pixel. To convert you need to make it 853x720 and down sample the resolution to 72 p/inch. The image will look correct at this point.

Then unselect "Constrain Proportions" and make the image 720x480 (For NTSC) resolution still at 72.

This will help greatly with image quality.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]