FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dynamic DVD menus

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reid Petro
Dynamic DVD menus
on Apr 1, 2011 at 3:09:03 pm

Hey I'm new to this forum, and signed up just to ask this question. I was wondering if it was possible to make a truly dynamic DVD menu in Adobe Encore CS4. What I mean by that is that whenever you have a certain label/title highlighted the background changed to the appropriate preview, and would fade in and out when switching between labels. It would cover up the whole background but be a bit transparent. your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much,
Reid

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Dynamic DVD menus
on Apr 1, 2011 at 5:48:40 pm

This is very complicated but possible. What you can do is set your menu buttons to "Auto Activate". When you navigate the selection to the button, it takes you to another menu entirely, which would play the graphic effects you desire. Each menu needs to be a motion menu if there are any animated effects you wish to display. If there are more than a few buttons, you will be creating a large number of animated menus to handle all the navigation possibilities.

Menus such as I've described work in DVD players only. The auto activation function is disabled in software DVD players to prevent unintended activation from mouseovers.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Dynamic DVD menus
on Apr 2, 2011 at 6:05:14 am

Even if you did it the way Bill states, it would be unbearably slow. DVD menus where meant to be simple. Look at even huge budget DVDs you will only find a handful that have tried anything semi-creative with menu function. Design cool motion menus but stay in the simple overlay method for buttons.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]