FORUMS: list search recent posts

Authoring issue in DVDStudio Pro

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy Sammarco
Authoring issue in DVDStudio Pro
on Mar 30, 2011 at 7:44:14 pm

Hi,

I authored a DVD in DVD Studio Pro using a layered photoshop file for the menu. Two things are happening that I haven't been able to figure out and that are undesirable for my client. ONe is that when my client plays the DVD on their PC, they said that they need to click on the button sometimes 3 times to get the particular video to play. I noticed that in the Simulator, i can roll over a button and it will highlight in yellow like it should and then when I single click it plays and the button turns green as it should. But on my mac, when I burn the disk and then play it, the rollover doesn't work. I have to click it to turn it yellow and then click it again to turn it green and play. Not sure why my client has to click it 3 times to play on his PC and why the rollover doesn't work on my Mac when I play the actual DVD. THe desired outcome is to be able to rollover to change the button color, and single click to play on both the MAC and PC.

Secondly, the opening video auto plays fullscreen which it should. On my Mac, it stays fullscreen unless I change the view. My client says that on their PC, after the opening video plays fullscreen, the player automatically shrinks down to actual size. Why is that? HELP? THanks. Jimmy

Jimmy Sammarco
Cinematographer/Editor

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Authoring issue in DVDStudio Pro
on Mar 31, 2011 at 12:31:50 am

#1, that is the way they work, no way around it with ps layered menus. YOu need to use overlays for the menu to work on a set top and computer the same. Of course when you go to overlays you have to use simple shapes and only 3 colors/shades of gray.

Take a look at every hollywood DVD, you will not find hardly any with fancy buttons.

#2, you need to find out what software they are using, you really have no control over this unless you are going from a 16:9 video to a 4:3 menu or the other way around. WIndows is a mess because there are so many options that are not true DVD players. If the client is only using WMPlayer have them try it on a true DVD player app.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]