FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD authoring software recommendation needed

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Louis Herrera
DVD authoring software recommendation needed
on Mar 24, 2011 at 11:02:41 pm

Hi all, can someone provide DVD authoring software for a "prosumer" user? I was using Avid Liquid but unfortunately it's no longer supported by Avid. I currently use Adobe Elements 8 but the DVDs made from it are not compatible with some users. I have Adobe CS3 but Encore it seems a bit cumbersome. However, if Encore is the way to go, I'll just bite the bullet and learn it.

In my desired workflow, I'd like to edit a movie using Adobe Elements 8 or Adobe Premier CS3, output an AVI (or several AVIs if needed), import the AVI(s) into the DVD authoring program and create the DVD from there.

I'm looking for software that will create a DVD that's compatibe with as many DVD players as possible and that a prosumer can learn fairly quickly.

Any recommendations would be highly appreciated, thanks!

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: DVD authoring software recommendation needed
on Mar 24, 2011 at 11:04:34 pm

Id say Encore would be the way to go

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: DVD authoring software recommendation needed
on Mar 24, 2011 at 11:38:37 pm

Sonic/Roxio DVDitProHD has a relatively simple and understandable interface, and it makes compatible DVD and Blu-ray discs.

I would not recommend encoding by merely dropping an AVI into and of the authoring programs. You will get at best a mediocre encode. If you have Adobe Creative Suite, then you should have Adobe Media Encoder. Use this or another encoding application to get better-looking encodes.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]