FORUMS: list search recent posts

Title names when playing a DVD in Windows Media Player

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Wilson
Title names when playing a DVD in Windows Media Player
on Mar 23, 2011 at 9:49:20 pm

I've created a DVD using DVDSP. About 30 videos all broken down by subject and given a good title. About 5 sections, 6-8 videos per section - a lot of authoring and all the tracks have titles.

My client loves the menu setup but is complaining that when the DVD gets put into a PC, Windows Media Player launches and there's a bar on the right that just says "Title 1" "Title 2", etc....

Of course on a commercially available DVD, the chapter titles show up correctly.

I've tried to explain that my understanding is that WMP queries an internet database for this information and there's no way for my DVDs to get cataloged in this database.

Now they claim they've found a production company that can fix their problem and they're asking for the raw video files. I think they're going to see the same results.

So... Am I wrong? Is there a way for me to author these DVDs so the chapter titles can be given custom names that show up correctly in windows media player?

Andrew Wilson
WestView Digital Video & Design
http://www.westviewdigital.com

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Title names when playing a DVD in Windows Media Player
on Mar 24, 2011 at 7:40:34 pm

In Scenarist, you can name the title sets, titles and (possibly) the chapters, but I am unsure whether any of these names actually would be displayed by Windows Media Player. It's not something we normally do during authoring.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]