FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a Music Video DVD from different format/size files

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zoe Elliott
Creating a Music Video DVD from different format/size files
on Mar 23, 2011 at 9:58:11 am

Hi All,

I have a selection of music videos on a hard drive that someone has asked me to make into a DVD for them. Unfortunately, the videos are all different sizes and formats -some NTSC, some PAL- and I really have no idea where to begin. I have access to Toast, DVD Studio Pro and MPEG Streamclip, but limited knowledge of the programs.

Should I convert all the videos to the same size/format first? And, if so, what compression and which program should I use?

NB: Not sure they're that bothered about menus/chapter marks etc, they just want a playable DVD.

Sorry for the newbie questioning, any help gratefully received!

Thanks,

Zoe.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Creating a Music Video DVD from different format/size files
on Mar 23, 2011 at 1:55:45 pm

hi zoe,
if you need to create a DVD, you need to ask the client if he needs PAL or NTSC, both canĀ“t be done on one disk by spec, and of course you need to transfer the other material.

if your clients recommendation is PAL you need to format-convert the NTSC-files and wise versa.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Michael Pfost
Re: Creating a Music Video DVD from different format/size files
on Mar 23, 2011 at 3:46:15 pm

I would convert everything to the same format and size. I had to create a h.264 clip at 1080p and had a dozen different image sizes and codecs. I just converted everything to the same and it made editing easy.

If they need PAL -- then convert everything to PAL first. If they need NTSC -- then go that route. It will make your life easier.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]