FORUMS: list search recent posts

horizontal lines in dvd

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Weissman
horizontal lines in dvd
on Mar 7, 2011 at 6:55:13 pm

Greetings. I am working on a FCP project that requires using old sd footage with newer HDV footage in a single time line. I have no no problem getting the files into the time line or rendering a QT reference file, or a Qt .mov file end product. However, there are still lots of horizontal lines in the qtime.mov files and on the dvd i burned in idvd. I tried de-interlacing in the qtime conversion, and no de-interlacing, but it doesn't seem to make a diffeence.

can anyone suggest how i can get a copy of this burnt to a dvd or evenin a .mov without the horizontal motion lines? I have to present a demo of this work on friday...

thanks in advance for your help.

Eric

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: horizontal lines in dvd
on Mar 7, 2011 at 10:35:14 pm

Eric, a professional encoding software such as BitVice might well give you a much better quality DVD, particularly as the new version incorporates Purifier which also helps improve the picture. Are the 'lines' flickering on sharp edges in the picture? This is sometimes an annoying effect in DVD's but a good encode would help.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Eric Weissman
Re: horizontal lines in dvd
on Mar 23, 2011 at 5:55:44 pm

hi and thanks for the reply.. i didnt see it until just now! I imported some 720 X 480 DV footage at 29.97 into FCP. i dont see any flickering in the viewer but when i send it to quik time conversion to make a qtime ( uncompressed) movie, there are flickering lines as you suggest along the edges, and worse when hard edges move.

Even if I just save a fcp ref movie and import into idvd, the lines still appear.

I have tried to exporting in de-interlaced and interlaced forms and it makes little or no difference.

so, basically i have dv footage shot in 720/480 29.97 in an fcp timeline that I would like to make
a. a small qtime version of and b. a dvd version

once, again, any advice would be appreciated and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.. I have too many email addresses!

very best

Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]