FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with burning DVD copies on MAC oS X10.5

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anna conlon
Problems with burning DVD copies on MAC oS X10.5
on Mar 7, 2011 at 6:14:52 pm

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to make copies of a DVD on a MAC OS X 10.5 I've followed the instruction in Ken's Stones tutorial http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/making_dvd_copies.html

I've used this method to burn a copy once before and it worked. The DVD I'm using at the moment has an opening animated motion menu so I don't know if this is why I'm having difficulty? Basically the DVD gives me a burned successfully message but when I play the disk it plays in a sort of staggered motion. It seems like its dropping frames or jumps every second. It does this with the menu and film itself.

I've tried two different burning at different speeds x1 and x2 (they are the only options available to me in the disc utility.) Both produce the same jumping results. I did notice that when the .cdr file is created I didn't get "Upon completion you will receive a 'Burned Successfully' box." The .cdr it just appears on the desktop. Even if I could test the .cdr file I could at lest know if the copy was built properly but I can't seem it open it with any of my DVD players

I really need copies of this disc asap as a client is waiting for it and I'm at a loss what to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ana

Return to posts index

anna conlon
Re: Problems with burning DVD copies on MAC oS X10.5
on Mar 7, 2011 at 8:05:56 pm

I've just tested the DVD in a few other players and I'm delighted that our player seems to be the problem! The copied DVD works perfectly in 3 other players :)

thanks anyway

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Problems with burning DVD copies on MAC oS X10.5
on Mar 7, 2011 at 11:19:50 pm

You can copy the Video_TS folder to your hard drive and then use Toast to burn a new DVD-R. You need to select the correct option for burning a DVD Video so that Toast will write the files inside the Video_TS folder in the correct order on the copy. Do not do a straight data copy -- that will not produce a usable DVD.

If the copy does not play well but the original disc does, then you have another issue such as bad DVD-R stock, a dirty burner or a weak laser in the burner.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]