FORUMS: list search recent posts

blu ray printable disc

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kaye Woods
blu ray printable disc
on Feb 27, 2011 at 2:12:10 am

I am trying to find good ink jet, hub printable blu ray discs that DON'T have "verbatim" or something written on the inner ring of the disc. I need something that looks professional without the brand name on it anywhere. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Kaye Woods
Re: blu ray printable disc
on Feb 27, 2011 at 2:53:23 am

Never mind just found what I was looking for! In case anyone is interested this brand is great and doesn't have any logos or brand names printed on them.

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u/jvc-taiyo-yuden-bd-r-j-bdr-25wpy-2...

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Feb 27, 2011 at 10:51:58 am

What's 'unprofessional' in having Verbatim in tiny, tiny print on the rim of the disc? They are simply one of the best brands available and it would be very professional to use them. What would indicate unprofessionalism is a lousy film. Content is all that matters and that is what we are all judged on.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Dave Haynie
on Feb 27, 2011 at 9:53:18 pm

He's probably trying to make the disc look as close as possible to a commercially manufactured, glass mastered disc. You and I recognize the BD-R aspect, and well, I have mixed feelings about Verbatim (they're usually of decent quality, but they don't actually make all their own discs, and at least, used to switch vendors with the same product designation), but they do seem to make the actual Blu-ray discs they ship, so at least there's a likely consistency there. But I digress.

I think for a "commercial quality" look you'd want hub printable BDs, rather than anything with a clear hub that may or may not be printed. That's what I generally use for a finished product these days. There might be some microprinting embossed/cut into the rim, but nothing anyone would notice with specifically looking for it.

-Dave

Return to posts index

Larry Applegate
on Mar 15, 2011 at 5:17:27 am

It just happens that Taiyo Yuden is the "other" good brand besides Verbatim. Memorex is the worst.

Regards,

Larry Applegate
http://blustreak.dvdafteredit.com/

Return to posts index

Michael Pfost
on Mar 23, 2011 at 3:51:09 pm

On the cheap side, I've had great success with Optimum Quantum BD-R discs (under $2 ea). The thermal discs work well with a Teac P-55C printer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]