FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burn movie to Blu-ray?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Harman
Burn movie to Blu-ray?
on Feb 24, 2011 at 10:27:04 pm

Hi,
First time post and not sure if its in the right area.

I have a file generated from Fotomagico Pro. as you can see, when i open the file in quicktime on the mac, its looks great and seems the right specs.

Essentially the end aim is to have this look as good on a hi-def LCD screen (we have a 52 inch).
I know the screen at hi-def is 1920x1080.

Its just when i burn the blu-ray through Toast, its not looking as crisp.
I may be doing it wrong or the disc is as good as it will be.

Help!!

Thanks All

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Burn movie to Blu-ray?
on Feb 25, 2011 at 7:37:55 am

hi andrew,
the first question would be: did you create your sliedshow in 1080? if not - your programm will be upscaled that wont result in good, crispy quality.

another point: toast encoding is no high-quality encoding - so if you would like to have a nice picture I would advice to use adobe encore for BD-authoring and do the encoding using adobe media encoder, apple compressor or even better.

another issue is your BD-player or display. I don´t know what you´ve done: 1080interlaced or 1080progressive.

depending on your player-setting it wont be displayed correct on screen - maybe it would be deinterlaced where it is progressive or wise versa.

this all gives you a bad picture.

you see, there are several gaps to be awared.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Feb 25, 2011 at 4:48:23 pm

Daniel, I'm surprised what you say about Toast's BD encoding. I'm dragging to Toast 10 a ProRes HQ 422 QT .mov file (1920 X 1080i) and getting great BD's. They look fantastic and even examined close up on a big screen there is no noise and a great picture. Are saying that a BD encoded in Encore would be even better?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Feb 25, 2011 at 4:53:33 pm

hi michael,
both programms using the same source-code: mainconcept encoder engine, but you have less possibilities to set within toast.

I´ve seen a lot toast-encodings and they mostly have been bad.

I would prefer to use adobe media encoder or compressor instead and do the authoring within encore.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]