FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi DVD/CD Duplicator Recommendations Please

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tiffany Chung
Multi DVD/CD Duplicator Recommendations Please
on Feb 24, 2011 at 8:06:25 pm

I'm in the process of researching multi DVD/CD duplicators for my production company and am wondering what you all might think about the future and potential popularity and growth of Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray duplicators are at least twice, if not more, expensive than regular DVD & CD duplicators. I'm thinking that buying a regular DVD/CD duplicator to use for about 5 years or so is a better investment than a Blu-Ray compatible duplicator. But am I wrong? I don't feel like I'm as in the know about the potential growth and popularity of Blu-Ray. Feedback and opinions about this would be much appreciated. It will really help me determine what to research more on.

If a regular multi DVD/CD duplicator is a better investment, does anyone have good recommendations of a consistently solid-performing machine? I've researched some on Amazon and found good reviews on a couple of machines, but I'm open to checking out other machines. Most of the searches outside of Amazon that I've made don't have a whole lot of customer reviews, so it's been hard for me to determine which products are most reliable and high-performing.

Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Andrew Harman
Re: Multi DVD/CD Duplicator Recommendations Please
on Feb 24, 2011 at 10:29:35 pm

bump.

Thanks All

Return to posts index

Matt Stoddart
on Feb 25, 2011 at 11:53:55 am

Just a few questions before pointing you in the right direction.
1) How many DVDs a month do you see your production company producing?
2) Have you already started producing Bluray discs yet?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Tiffany Chung
on Feb 25, 2011 at 6:38:35 pm

1) I'd say we burn on average 10-20 DVDs a month and of course more during busy seasons. I work for a medium-sized corporate company and they generally send in a lot of DVD/hard copy requests.

2) We have not started producing Bluray discs yet, which is why I'm thinking a regular DVD/CD duplicator is probably be best. But I know we've bought a bluray dvd player as one starting point in case we head in that direction sometime down the future. But for now, I don't even think our current Macs can burn on bluray or are bluray-compatible. So.... regular DVD/CD duplicator then?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

Return to posts index

Matt Stoddart
on Feb 27, 2011 at 5:32:54 pm

Hi Tiffany,

• If money is no object then something like http://www.primera.com/bravose_disc_publisher.html

• Midway solution http://www.mtech.co.uk/cd_dvd_duplicators_and_printers/?1TO3TOWERDUP with an Epson P50 printer. The important thing to look for in DVD duplicators is that is come with a harddrive to which you burn your image onto first, makes for a more reliable duplication process.

• Bargin basement solution, just buy a Epson P50 printer and get the office junior to burn 3 discs a day on your existing computers which have DVD burners in them.

• Return to posts index

Tiffany Chung
    on Feb 28, 2011 at 4:19:00 pm

Thanks for your suggestions! If we need something more like this (http://www.amazon.com/SATA-DVD-Duplicator-Target-Standalone/product-reviews/B000WEFIE2/ref=sr_cr_hist_all?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1), do you have any suggestions along this line of duplicating models?

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Matt Stoddart
    on Mar 3, 2011 at 5:52:32 pm

Hi Tiffany,

You can't argue with that price, the reviews seem good. My only concern is that it doesn't include an internal hardrive to write your images onto before duplication and I can't see what make the controller is, Wytron and Acard are two that I know and trust, saying that it has the burn and compare function so all should be fine.

Good luck

Return to posts index

Michael Pfost
    on Mar 23, 2011 at 3:56:02 pm

For multiple BD-R duplication, we use "The Cube" -- an automated solution (although it doesn't do the printing). It works well and can handle 25 discs at a time -- great to run overnight.

Return to posts index

Joel Monger
    on Jan 24, 2014 at 4:35:05 pm

Hi Tiffany

Not sure if you have decided on your duplicator yet. I just stumbled across this thread and thought I may be able to help. If you have already purchased then someone else may be helped by this post?

Like Matt said it does come down to budget, but pricing and spec has moved on a little since 2011. If you are looking for a publish which would print and burn automaticly by far the best unit out there that is not to expensive is the R-Quest NS2100. Holds 150 discs and can be both CD and DVD so you can just keep them on the hopper and choose which to use depending on the job. The main thing about the R-Quest NS2100 is that it does not need a computer to run. You access it by any web browser which mean it does not take up your computers resources. Other things this disc publisher can do is email you when it needs more discs or ink. Pretty cool really. Heres the link to the distributors http://www.rquest-uk.co.uk/index.asp

Now if you are looking at the other end of cost then you should be looking at a tower duplicator. M-Tech are currently selling a 1-10 cd dvd tower duplicator for only £310.00 and they are in my opinion the best there is. Heres a link to their distributor in the UK. http://www.rpadistribution.co.uk/index.asp. I don't think that you need a hard drive as the new M-Techs work just great on the fly.

If you go down the Tower option then you will need a separate printer. Not a lot of choice but you could either go for a cheapy from one off the IT stores that can print on to discs or a dedicated disc printer like the FlashJet from R-Quest.

Best of luck and if you need any more info just reply to this post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]