FORUMS: list search recent posts

Authoring SD video on BluRay DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stewart Hill
Authoring SD video on BluRay DVD
on Feb 17, 2011 at 4:09:13 am

Hello,

Is there a way to take a 25 min. analog video and record it onto BluRay uncompressed? If you had a longer analog video, what codec and software could I use to minimize the compression and fill the BluRay disc?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Authoring SD video on BluRay DVD
on Feb 17, 2011 at 8:56:45 am

hi stewart,
should it be a blu-ray t obe played on blu-ray-players? so you need to go bd-specs.

in that reason you need to transcode your video-files to MPEG2, H264 or VC-1 and author the disk with a bd-authoring-software.

if you just wont to have your HD-movie on disk (as file), you could use any burning-sofware that could handle UDF2.5/2.6.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Stewart Hill
on Feb 17, 2011 at 6:04:10 pm

Hey Danny,

Thanks for the info. What do you mean by bd-specs? I want to end up with a file format on a Bluray disc that will play back in a BluRay player.

Best,

Stewart

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Feb 17, 2011 at 6:45:15 pm

hey stewart,
aaah - that was the missing information! ;)

if you would like to create a BD that will be playable on BD-players you need to go VC-1, MPEG2HD or H264 by spec.

you can transcode the film using adobe media encoder CS4/5, or if you are working with FCP7, you can select compressor to transcode your video.

I would choose h264 - it´s a high-quality-codec that will save a lot disk-space compared to MPEG2HD at the same bitrate. you can choose much lower data-rates to get the same result than MPEG2HD.

for your audio choose AC-3 dolby digital.

if you are using adobe media encoder be sure to use H264 blu-ray settings.

if you´re authoring with adobe encore, be sure to create the project-file with the correct transcoding-settings, otherwise all your assets will be transcoded again.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]