FORUMS: list search recent posts

I Need a DVD Duplicator Recommendation

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Hughes
I Need a DVD Duplicator Recommendation
on Feb 7, 2011 at 9:30:09 pm

I have a MicroBoards DVD duplicator that I bought 18 months ago. It has not worked properly for about three months. It's the PRM-516 standalone, and duplicates 5 at a time. It's been working intermittently with just two of the trays working when it works. The last tower we had was Microboards and stopped working similarly in about the same amount of time. I just looked at the B&H site and others have had this experience with MicroBoards. One of the reviews said that he's spoken to friends in the industry who use different duplicators and theirs work perfectly. He wouldn't mention the other brand or brands so that he wouldn't look like he was a rep for those other brands.
I just hung up with the B&H sales rep and he said he's familiar with the problems I'm describing. He said the other brand they sell is AleraTek and he's said the reviews on those is worse than MicroBoards.
Can anyone recommend a duplicator? tx

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
Re: I Need a DVD Duplicator Recommendation
on Feb 8, 2011 at 3:55:43 pm

I have been using equipment from a company called ILY Enterprises for a few years now. I have several of their towers (CD/DVD, Blu-ray and USB) and have been really happy with them.

Ours are running more often than not, so we throw a lot at them and they have held up well. They even have decent technical support over the phone and once replaced a controller board for us on a product that was out of warranty. Might be worth taking a looksy.

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: I Need a DVD Duplicator Recommendation
on Feb 11, 2011 at 4:16:08 pm

I'm not sure what your budget is, but Rimage is one of the best. Costco uses them in all their photo centers for disc duplication.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]