FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burning a DVD to work on an American DVD player.

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Lake
Burning a DVD to work on an American DVD player.
on Feb 2, 2011 at 3:39:41 pm

I have shot a feature documentary in PAL format, edited it in Final cut and have attempted to export it through Compressor as MPEG2 then burnt it through DVD STUDIO PRO. I burnt one copy as PAL and one copy as NTSC, I checked all settings to make the dvd as user friendly as possible and posted it to the states. My contact over there says that it doesn't work on his DVD player and im starting to pull my hair out with this one.

Is there a fool proof way to burn a DVD on a UK configured computer and get it working over in the states?

Thanks.

Steve

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Burning a DVD to work on an American DVD player.
on Feb 2, 2011 at 4:47:28 pm

I'd buy an NTSC DVD player to test- you should be able to find one for $20 next time you're in the US or maybe ask your contact to do that for you. NTSC MPEG-2s and NTSC project with all regions open should do the trick though. Make sure you redo all your menus for 720x480 and set the main project properties to NTSC as well. A single DVDSP project cannot be both NTSC and PAL, it must be one or the other.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]