FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Architect questions

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce Kelley
DVD Architect questions
on Feb 2, 2011 at 7:15:01 am

My first question:
First, I rendered my videos to 4:3 in sony vegas.
Then, I made a dvd. All settings were for 4:3 in dvda as well. But when I watched it on my 16:9 tv, it still stretched the image the full width of the screen.
I checked my dvd players settings, but everything appeared to be correct. I know my 16:9 tv is set up to display 4:3 without stretching it, because when I watch regular tv I can see the black boarders on the sides of the screen.
So then, I tried playing the dvd on my 4:3 tv and it looked the way it should. Is there a setting in DVD architect that could be telling my dvd players to 'stretch to fit' any size screen it is played on? If so, how do I disable that so it's shown at the proper size?

My second question:
I've noticed that in DVDA's project properties, it says bitrate is 8.000 mbps. Does that mean it will re-render my videos to this or will it use the original bitrate values that I gave my files when I rendered them in Sony Vegas? I just don't understand what this is about. Also, in Options > preferences > Burning it says 'minimum video bitrate: 2.000 mbps" (these are the 'render options').
What do I do with this?

The original files were rendered by sony vegas as:
max bitrate: 8,000,000 bps
average bitrate: 5,447,680 bps
minimum bitrate: 2,000,000 bps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]