FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio Pro

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Wilson
DVD Studio Pro
on Jan 23, 2011 at 4:31:18 pm

Hi guys -

New to the boards and thank you ahead of time for your time and your responses, much appreciated. I look forward to being a part of the community.

My question is about combining tracks in DVD Studio Pro. I have 25 separate videos and I want to be able to play each video as it's own button/track and I also want the option of playing all 25 videos together seamlessly. So my main menu would have two buttons - "Play All" and "Chapters"

Do I need to combine the videos in FCP and import the entire video into DVD Studio Pro and add chapter markers? Or can I somehow author the DVD in a way that allows me to play the videos together as well as separate tracks.

Hope that makes sense, thanks again!

Return to posts index

Tyler Wilson
Re: DVD Studio Pro
on Jan 23, 2011 at 5:46:13 pm

Hey guys I may have found my answer in-
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/155/879279

I really don't want to have to combine att 25 videos though. This seems like an time consuming and memory consuming band aid for a simple solutions to me.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jan 24, 2011 at 4:32:48 pm

If you want a Play All that works- that's what's needed. Sorry but DVDs are 1990's technology....

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Tyler Wilson
on Jan 24, 2011 at 4:49:04 pm

Very good point about DVDs being an older tech. Thanks for heads up! I'm just now burning the DVDs and I think I figured it out.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Jan 27, 2011 at 11:18:52 am

Noah, DVD's may be old technology (1990's to me are yesterday!!) but what else can we use for distribution other than BD? Blu-Ray is a vast improvement but the players are still fairly thin on the ground.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Jan 28, 2011 at 4:11:22 am

I think the point Noah was trying to make was that its old technology with many constraints.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]