FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burning to DVD from FCP

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sandy Garfunkel
Burning to DVD from FCP
on Jan 18, 2011 at 3:55:37 am

Hi all,

I shot a 21 minute film on the RED, edited on FCP, and had it replicated by a DVD house. I'm at the point where I DON'T need 100 more copies to submit to film festivals - just 10-20. And I decided it would be good to learn how to make a DVD myself for future, smaller projects...

I have DVD Assets from the post house as VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS.

My questions are these:

1. Does it matter if I burn onto DVD+ or DVD- if I'm sending the DVDs in for film festival programmers? They may pop the disk into their computer or may watch it on a DVD player. I don't know how old these computers/players might be.

2. I've spent all day trying and when I finally DID burn the short onto a DVD+ disk, I got it to work on a MAC laptop, MAC desktop, DVD BluRay player and a standard DVD player. I could NOT get it to play on an older PC (a Compaq nc6320). Is there any way I can tweak a setting to make it play almost universally? The DVD from the post house DOES play on the PC...

I have the latest version of FCP with Compressor & DVD Studio and just purchased Toast Titanium Pro. So surely, I must have enough programs to burn a DVD pretty easily! As I'm sure you've figured out, I'm a newbie at this so if you can offer help, please be specific (condescending - if it's helpful - is really OK!).

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Burning to DVD from FCP
on Jan 18, 2011 at 5:54:17 am

All you can do it make copies of the DVD if all you have is the VIDEO_TS folder. Toast is used to do this none of the other apps come into play.

Use DVD-R. Make sure the disc is formatted as UDF.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]