FORUMS: list search recent posts

Button Shift with DVD Studio Pro/ Toast Titanium burned UDF DVD ROM

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Doyle
Button Shift with DVD Studio Pro/ Toast Titanium burned UDF DVD ROM
on Jan 15, 2011 at 10:58:27 pm

Hey,
I burned a DVD-ROM UDF with the Program Toast Titanium for use in uploading to a dvd distribution company, Kunaki, so that I could add some extra media MP3's and PDF's to the DVD to be distributed.

The DVD menu backgrounds were created in Photoshop using some templates from an outside party then imported to DVD Studio Pro where I created buttons over the button designs that are actually a part of the background.

The problem that occurs when I play this on a macbook pro's standard DVD Player app version 5.1.1 framework 5.1.0 is that the button's themselves shift away from where they fall within the dvd studio pro menu's that I built.

This problem only occurs when playing the dvd on one specific macbook pro and not on a mac pro 4,1 tower or on other macbooks, and other dvd's I've burned with the same dvd sp template and backgrounds built with the same template do not have the same problem when burned in the same way.

One thing I did which may cause this is changed the size of the background templates after all buttons were placed from 960x720 to 720x480. The menus look fine in dvd studio pro however and the dvd's play fine on other macs, pcs and in a small portable dvd/lcd I use for testing.

So, my question is are there any settings in dvd Studio Pro that might cause a shift of buttons or resizing of the aspect ratio of the button zones and not affect the background? Any help on this problem is greatly appreciated.

-Mike

Mike Doyle
Cinematographer/Photographer
NYC

Return to posts index

Mike Doyle
Re: Button Shift with DVD Studio Pro/ Toast Titanium burned UDF DVD ROM
on Jan 17, 2011 at 6:43:34 pm

Hey,
Problem solved!!

Mac's DVD player creates meta data when playing disks allowing it to recall your last played point etc. so a previous test burned with the same dvd studio pro project must have left it's mark with similarly named assets, changing the formatting of my menus.

The solution was simply to go into dvd player>preferences>under previously viewed tab>check start disks playing from beginning.

This shift would not be a problem with someone playing the disk who had not played the other test versions though, so all is well.

-Mike

Mike Doyle
Cinematographer/Photographer
NYC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]