FORUMS: list search recent posts

1 to 1 DVD Duplicator

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elizabeth Erwin
1 to 1 DVD Duplicator
on Jan 8, 2011 at 9:32:57 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but I'm looking for suggestions on a reliable 1 to 1 dvd duplicator. I have about 125 dvds I need to copy and heard this was a much faster way to get it done than by using the computer. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated greatly!

Elizabeth

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
Re: 1 to 1 DVD Duplicator
on Jan 8, 2011 at 10:30:19 pm

A '1 to 1 duplicator' will be no faster than a computer, or at least the difference in speed certainly won't offset the cost of the duplicator. Mainly the only advantage you'll get is that it doesn't require a computer, but if you DO have a computer with a DVD burner, why not use it?

That being said, we use Microboards duplicators, and have been very happy with them. They even make a 1 to 1 model.

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jan 9, 2011 at 3:49:55 am

The in computer is only as fast if you are burning from a DVD project not copying.

But, Elizabeth, if you get a 2nd DVD burner and a program like Toast for the Mac (if on a PC there are Burning apps also), the app gives you the ability to copy the disc to the other drive and not have to transfer the data to the HD first. You should be able to get this for under $150 (probably under $100 for PC). The down side is it ties up your computer but it would save you some $ and be just as quick.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Jan 9, 2011 at 12:59:44 pm

Correct...if using a computer there would be no need for a 2nd DVD drive. Still, even if you did want to go that route, a DVD burner cost much, much less than a duplicator.

Steve Brame

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jan 9, 2011 at 2:12:33 pm

But I would not want to wait for the time for the DVD to copy to the HD, which is what she said she didn't want to do. I use the Copy function on Toast all the time, in which is automatically copies the DVD to the HD and then erases it but I would spend the cash if I had to copy 125 in a single project.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Jan 9, 2011 at 2:29:11 pm

Sounds like Toast would be doing the same thing that you could do yourself...simply copying the DVD folder to your hard drive, burning your DVD's, then deleting the DVD folder when done. It could be no faster using Toast to accomplish this, as Toast doesn't actually do the work, it simply tells the OS to do the copying and deleting. The burning could be done with a free tool like ImgBurn.

If you REALLY want to shorten the time spent, look at a duplicator with a higher disc ratio.

Steve Brame

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jan 9, 2011 at 9:03:53 pm

Dude, I'm not recommending that it be done with copying to the HD, If I were to make copies of 125 disc I would get a 2nd Drive and use Toast Copy feature which acts like a duplicator. No copying to the HD. I offered this as a balance of speed and cost.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Jan 9, 2011 at 9:30:09 pm

"Dude, I'm not recommending that it be done with copying to the HD"

Sorry, I must have misread this...

"I use the Copy function on Toast all the time, in which is automatically copies the DVD to the HD"

Steve Brame

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jan 9, 2011 at 10:07:59 pm

BUT there is more. I do on to say I would spend the money to get the second drive.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Jan 9, 2011 at 10:25:55 pm

True enough.

Steve Brame

Return to posts index

Elizabeth Erwin
on Jan 10, 2011 at 2:16:09 am

So much great information! Thank you everyone for all of your advice and input. I now know what to look for and I appreciate everyone's input!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]